Welcome to Bitsquare!
Bitsquare is an open-source desktop application that allows you to buy and sell bitcoins in exchange for national currencies, or alternative crypto currencies.
How to get started
Bitsquare is unique in that it enables you to start trading in less than 10 minutes:
- Download the app, or build it from source.
- Add your national or crypto currency accounts.
- Create new offer or take an existing one.
- Follow the user interface to finalize the trade.
Features and Philosophy
Unlike traditional online exchanges, Bitsquare is designed to be:
- Instantly accessible – no need for registration or approval from a central authority.
- Decentralized – there is no single point of failure. The system is peer-to-peer and trading can not be stopped or censored.
- Safe – Bitsquare never holds your funds. Decentralized arbitration system and security deposits protect traders.
- Private – no one except trading partners exchange personally identifying data. All personal data is stored locally.
- Secure – end-to-end encrypted communication routed over Tor.
- Open – every aspect of the project is transparent. The code is open source.
- Easy – we take usability seriously.
Bitsquare is for those who do not want to forfeit control or privacy to a central authority in order to trade with other individuals. We regard financial transactions as a form of private speech that should be protected from surveillance by banks, governments, and other institutions.
Join the community
Bitsquare is currently in Beta and we are actively looking for highly-skilled developers, designers and security experts to join our community. If you’re interested in helping make Bitsquare a reality, there are many ways to contribute. We’d love to hear from you!
Our roadmap provides an overview of high-level features and milestones on the way to Bitsquare v1.0.
Sign up for the Bitsquare newsletter so you never miss an important update! Unlike the Bitsquare mailing list, which can see higher message volumes, the newsletter is reserved for important announcements, such as when we release new milestones. Of course, you can unsubscribe at any time.